Sunday 3 September 2017

Christmas cards started!!



Decided to make a start on my Christmas cards, and after seeing lots of inspiration on the Simon Says blog hop made this card using the Star Flower background stamp.  Embossed in silver onto watercolour card and then coloured with Distress Stains and Zig Markers. The sentiment is an old one from Hero Arts.
I shall add this to the Simon Says Wednesday Blog "Anything Goes " challenge and also the Simon Says Flickr group challenge #79 "Stamp It".





This is a card using the Honey Bee stamp "Country Blooms" and Simon Says "Square Stitched "Die and "Thanks"Die.  I shall also add this to the "Anything Goes" challenge at Simon Says and also the Love Cards Flickr Group challenge which is also "Anything Goes" this month.

I have also linked it to the current Naughty or Nice Challenge, which is a new one for me.


Its a wet and windy day here in Dorset, seems like summer is over and Autumn is definitely on its way. I love summer but Autumn brings more time to craft so its not all bad LOL.

Hugs
Sally

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great cards, Sally. I love the Christmas card, but your sweet 'thank you' card has captured my heart as it's gorgeous! BTW, it wouldn't look out of place on the current Naughty or Nice challenge, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Sally - just love the Star Flower Background with the silver star! Beautiful floral thank you card too!!

Dawn T said...

Both cards are great. I love the first one. The colours are wonderful. And the second one is really pretty with the flowers

Dotty Jo said...

Wooo hooo! So glad you've joined us at Naughty or Nice Challenges this month, Jo x

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous cards! Such beautiful designs!! You rocked that SSS stamp!! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Brenda in IN said...

I really like the bright colors and blending on your first cards. It is a lovely Christmas card. The flowers are cheerful on your second card and I like the design and stitching.

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is lovely! I think it is so pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges! Cyndi, DT

Lindsey said...

Glad you found us! Especially with such a pretty entry. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!