Saturday 3 March 2018

Pretty in Pink!!


We have had some really bad weather here in Dorset, snow and freezing rain which is very rare for this part of the country.  I have been stuck indoors as the roads and pavements are sheet ice and its too dangerous to go out.  So what's a girl to do, make cards of course!!

Here is one I made using the "Kaleidoscope Background" stamp from Simon Says and die cuts letters from, Altenew.  I stamped and embossed in white then watercoloured with Zig Brush Markers,  I then fussy cut an extra shape to add some dimension before adding the Die cut  "Hi"and sentiment.



Here is a close up , I am adding this card to two challenges, the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge


Thought I would also share this card again using the Altenew  "Bold Alphabet Dies", this card is for my Goddaughters little boy who is five today.  It was very easy to make with the die cut letters and balloons cut using my Silhouette machine. Love this simple design.


Before I go here is a  couple of views from the front of my house, so pretty but so cold and the sky is full of more snow!!



Hope its warm where you are
Hugs
Sally

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Sally! Your pink card is stunning... I may be forced to buy that stamp! I love the raised flower detail. I think you've had more snow than we have, but it's hard to tell as the wind has blown it into huge drifts. Great for card making though, Jo x

Robin said...

Love the pictures of your snow covered neighborhood. However, I have a hard time relating as I live in Arizona and our cold snap last week had us with highs only in the 60's. We do spend a lot of time indoors in the summer when it is 110. You make the most beautiful cards. Your cards always inspire me, thanks for sharing!!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sally :-) I am sure the birthday boy will love it! The bold alphabet die is awesome and the multicoloured letters are so fun and the CAS design is fabulous :-)

Stay home and stay warm, snow is lovely to look at through a window ;-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two wonderful bday cards, Sally! Just love the added flower and HI on card 1 and all the balloons on card 2! Glad you're enjoying the snow - Heather got a bunch too; you both look like Minnesota - LOL!!

Cindy C. said...

The pink card is indeed very pretty Sally!!

Unknown said...

Stunning card Sally, the shades of pink are gorgeous and that stamp is so pretty.
Love the view from your window, snow is so beautiful if we don't have to go anywhere in it :)
Hugs Kaz xx